HELP GENERATIONS OF MOUNDS VIEW SCHOOLS STUDENTS EXPERIENCE THE UPDATED DOME OF KNOWLEDGE
astronomy | geology | geography | meteorology | mythology | and more
What is StarLab?
Through an immersive, interactive experience, students discover just how exciting learning can be. In the StarLab inflatable planetarium, they travel through a world of knowledge that includes astronomy, geology, geography, meteorology, mythology, and more.
Learning about science in the inflatable dome brings plenty of oohs and ahs. More than that, it inspires students to engage in a better understanding of the world around them.
Why replace the existing StarLab?
The current inflatable dome has weathered the storm of tens of thousands of Mounds View elementary school children who have passed through its doors.
Technology has advanced tremendously over the years. The newest StarLab has state-of-the-art software and projection technology.
Help purchase a new StarLab
Goal: $50,000 | Campaign dates: January 15 - June 15, 2020
|PERSEUS||$249 & under|
All donors to the MISSION: STARLAB campaign receive:
- Invitation to the StarLab Community Celebration (Summer 2020)
- Recognition at the 2020 MVSEF Luncheon, in the 2020 Report to the Community, and in local publications.
The Support Levels offer these additional gestures of gratitude as well.
The Mounds View Schools Education Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that works in partnership with district leadership to fund priorities that impact students throughout the Mounds View District. Our mission is simple – we support all of our schools.
Benefits of investing in a new StarLab
- Enhanced software allows for video presentations strengthening instructional methods
- Expanded curriculum content areas including science, geography & astronomy
- Increased student interest and engagement in learning with the immersion experience
- Reduced expenses associated with field trips, which require both financial resources and time away from school